Recipe by Grannydragon
Salmon cooked two ways-grilled and then poached in cream sauce-results in a complex, savory version of the ubiquitous fish. Serve with simple mixed vegetables and roast potatoes for an easy, yet, impressive meal.
- 8 ounces salmon
- 1 tablespoon flour (I use gluten free)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the grill or broiler.
- Lightly dust the salmon with flour on both sides.
- In a sauce pan wide enough to to accommodate the fish, bring cream, capers, lemon juice, salt and pepper to low simmer.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook salmon over grill or under broiler until halfway done.
- When sauce thickens and reduecs to about half, add partially cooked salmon to pan and continue to simmer until salmon is cooked through.
- Transfer salmon to serving plate and pour cream sauce over and around fish.