Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This wraps a little different because once it's rolled, it goes back into the pan to crisp the wrap. Like those made at Cicero's.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mccormick's salmon grill mates seasoning
- 8 ounces fresh salmon, skin removed
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tablespoons diced tomato, well-drained
- 2 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- Make the sauce. In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, paprika, cayenne to taste and salmon seasoning; set aside. (Sauce is best made a day or two ahead; cover and refrigerate.).
- Make the wraps. Rinse salmon and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper. Cut fish into 1/2-inch pieces. In large skillet over medium heat, combine butter and garlic; cook 3 minutes. Add salmon and onion. Cook and stir about 2 minutes; stir in spinach. Continue to cook until salmon is cooked through (uniformly pink and opaque), about 2 minutes more. Gently stir in cream cheese and tomato.
- Heat a dry griddle or a large skillet over medium heat. Lay a wrapper or tortilla flat; heat for a few seconds, just until pliable. Place on a work surface. Spoon about half of the salmon mixture in a cylindrical shape across the lower third of the wrapper. Fold the bottom of the wrapper over the filling, then fold each side over. Roll up tightly. Repeat with second wrapper.
- Return wraps to griddle over medium-high heat, seam-side down. Cook until golden brown and crisp, about 90 seconds. If desired, turn and brown the second side. Serve with sauce.