Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is loosley based on something similar from Cooking Light. My wonderful daughter liked it so much, she took all of the leftovers for lunch and didn't leave me any!!! I freeze my ginger and when I need it, I take it out of the freezer for about 5 minutes before I grate it. If you let it thaw somewhat, it is easier to grate and you get more of the ginger rather than the ice crystals
- 1 salmon fillet
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons wasabi powder
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, grated
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Combine soy sauce, wasabi, ginger and sesame oil. Set aside.
- With a knife, score down and across the fish for the marinade to catch in, making sure that you do not go through the fillet. Spread the marinade on the fish and marinate up to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Bake the salmon for 17 - 20 minutes or until nice and flaky.