Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This unusual combination is dynamite (and healthy)! For a special occasion, try this with Maine lobsters.
- 2 tablespoons davinci gourmet sugar-free vanilla syrup
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 (6 ounce) portions salmon (fillets or steaks)
- 2 bunches arugula, washed and dried
- 2 ripe nectarines, pitted and cut into wedges
- 4 medium beets
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the beets in a little oil, salt, and pepper and wrap in foil.
- Roast until soft in the center when pierced with a knife, about 1 hour.
- When the beets are cool enough to handle, peel and cut into wedges.
- In a small bowl, combine the Da Vinci Gourmet Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup with the champagne vinegar.
- Slowly whisk in the oil.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Cook the salmon as you like (grill, broil, or saute).
- In a bowl, combine the beet wedges, arugula, and nectarines and toss with the vanilla-black pepper vinaigrette.
- Top the fish with the salad.