Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
From Weight Watchers March-April 2008
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with sweet onions, drained
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped of fresh mint
- 28 ounces salmon fillets
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- To make the jam:
- Combine the vinegar, honey, and ginger in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Cook until the liquid is almost evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes.
- Simmer until the flavors are blended, about 4 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Stir in the mint and set aside.
- Sprinkle the flesh sides of the fillets with salt and generously spray with nonstick spray.
- Heat a large ridged grill pan over high heat until very hot, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and place the fillets in the pan skin side up.
- Cook until well charred, about 4 minutes.
- Turn the fillets and cook just until opaque in the center 3-4 minutes.
- Removed the skin from the fillets, serve with the jam.