Recipe by Elana's Pantry
This healthy salmon recipe is a hit at any dinner table. This is a simple version of one of Cook's illustrated magnificent salmon recipes. View the full recipe at <a href="http://www.elanaspantry.com/2008/02/07/the-salmon-series/">elanaspantry.com</a>
Top Review by Sydney Mike
This dish makes for a great presentation as well as a WONDERFUL TASTING main dish! The relish had a very nice combo of flavors ~ don't think it could have been better! Thanks for sharing this great keeper! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]
- 1⁄2 lb salmon
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in quarters
- 1⁄2 small shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- celtic sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Turn oven on to 500 degrees.
- 2. Cut fish into 2 pieces, leaving skin on; rinse and pat dry with paper towel.
- 3. Place fish skin side down on a metal baking sheet.
- 4. Rub fillets liberally with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt.
- 5. Reduce oven temperature to 275 degrees, then put sheet with salmon on lowest rack.
- 6. Roast 8 to 13 minutes –so that centers of thickest part of fillets are still translucent when cut into with a pairing knife.
- 7. To make relish, stir together remaining ingredients from above in a medium size bowl.
- 8. Remove salmon from oven, transfer to plates and serve with relish.