Recipe by Carrie Ann
This is one of my favourite ways to serve salmon.I often serve this to dinner guests with green beans almondine and a rice pilaf; fast, easy and elegant. Great for a week night meal too.The prep time includes the marinating of the fish.
Top Review by Cuthieruthie
The marinade was really nice in this. The orange really came through. Unfortunately the cream sauce wasnt as nice as I had hoped. I could have made it wrong but it just wasnt very creamy and tasted kind of powdery (??? I know there is no powder in it but I cant think of a word to describe it) will def make mariade again but wont be turning it into a cream.
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together orange juice, viniagrette dressing and tarragon.
- Pour into a shallow baking dish.
- Add salmon and turn to coat both sides.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour to marinate.
- Remove salmon from dish and pour marinade into a small saucepan.
- Return salmon to dish.
- Bake salmon at 450 degrees for 15 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- While fish is cooking, bring the marinade to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the sour cream and cook until heated through.
- Stir, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve over salmon.