Recipe by Village Cafe
nice and light, everyone will eat this up.
Top Review by MA Blossom
The grated ginger root and pineapple juice make this a very tasty dish. The prep is easy and served with a green salad this was a wonderful dinner. The leftovers reheated nicely as well. Thanks Village Chef for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 1 1⁄4 lbs salmon fillets, skin removed
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine sweet potatoes, onion, ginger, juice, oil and salt.
- Place in a 9-by-13-inch casserole dish, sprayed with cooking spray. Bake, covered, for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Top with salmon. grind on pepper. Return to oven uncovered and bake 10 to 12 minutes, until fish is done to your liking. Garnish with almonds and parsley.