Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
nice and light, everyone will eat this up.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 1 1⁄4 lbs salmon fillets, skin removed
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine sweet potatoes, onion, ginger, juice, oil and salt.
- Place in a 9-by-13-inch casserole dish, sprayed with cooking spray. Bake, covered, for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Top with salmon. grind on pepper. Return to oven uncovered and bake 10 to 12 minutes, until fish is done to your liking. Garnish with almonds and parsley.
The grated ginger root and pineapple juice make this a very tasty dish. The prep is easy and served with a green salad this was a wonderful dinner. The leftovers reheated nicely as well. Thanks Village Chef for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
A very different dinner for our family, so I am glad I made it!! The sweet potatoes are different than anything I have ever had before. I cheated and used pre-marinated teriyake salmon which was a perfect complement to the potatoes. Kind of reminded me of a fun and funky dish from a fancy restaurant. Made for PAC Fall 2008.