Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is from the show Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger.
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, skin and any pin bones removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coat your grill or a grill pan with cooking spray and preheat over medium heat. While the grill is heating, combine the brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Brush each salmon fillet with 1/2 teaspoon of the oil, then rub each fillet with about 1/2 tablespoon of the spice mixture.
- Grill the salmon, flesh side down, until charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Flip the salmon and cook another 5 to 6 minutes for medium doneness. For well done fish, cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Remove to a platter and serve immediately.
This was so good and so easy to make! Great combination of flavors
Simple things are the best!
Made this last night. We really enjoyed it! I loved the sweet & spicy combination.