1/1 Photo of Salmon With Seafood Stuffing
We went fishing in Canada this last summer and caught some wonderful salmon. This is a recipe I developed to use with them. It would work well as a stuffing for mushrooms too with a little Parmesan cheese on the top. It makes one whole salmon which works well for a large group or dinner party. You could also half it easily!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless salmon fillets, approx 1 foot long each (can still have scales on)
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- 1 cup baby shrimp, loosely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup seasoned croutons, lightly crushed
- 2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 fresh minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon shrimp boil seasoning
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 large lemon
- fresh ground pepper (4-5 turns)
- 1 pinch salt
- kitchen string
- 1Saute celery, onions, garlic, and margarine till translucent.
- 2Add shrimp and crab and cook 1-2 more minutes.
- 3Stir in peppers, boil, and salt.
- 4fold in croutons and bread crumbs.
- 5Lay out the salmon and squeeze the lemon over the top and lightly salt.
- 6Place 1/2 of stuffing in the middle of each salmon.
- 7Roll the salmon up and tie w/ kitchen string.
- 8Place in a baking dish and cook at 425° for about 25 minutes. Watch carefully and do not over cook or it will be dry.
- 9If you've cooked it with the scales still on, simply peel them off easily after removing from oven.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon With Seafood Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (1230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1520.1
- Calories from Fat 504
- Total Fat 56.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 505.7 mg
- Sodium 2398.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 187.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
shrimp boil seasoning