1 hr 5 mins
The base for this recipe comes from "Enjoy- More Recipes from the Best of Bridge" but I've given you my adaptation of it. You can also do this on the BBQ. It is a very tasty fish recipe and I hope you'll enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped finely
- 2 cups celery, chopped finely
- 2 2/3 cups cooked rice (i use parboiled rice)
- 1/8 green pepper, chopped finely
- 1/8 red pepper, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- lemon slice
- melted butter
- dry white wine
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2In a skillet, melt butter and saute onion, garlic, celery and peppers until tender.
- 3Then add the rice and the spices and toss.
- 4Coat inside of fish with a light coating of mayonnaise and then stuff the cavity of the fish but don't pack the stuffing in.
- 5Sew it up with a needle and thread.
- 6Spread a little butter or a lot of mayonnaise over fish and top with 3 or 4 lemon slices.
- 7Wrap loosely in tin foil.
- 8Put it in a broiling pan and cook for 10 minutes per inch of thickness or until cooked and flakes easily with a fork.
- 9This can be served with additional lemon wedges or you can mix equal portions of melted butter and dry white wine for a delicious sauce.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon with Rice Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (1114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1608.2
- Calories from Fat 844
- Total Fat 93.8 g
- Saturated Fat 58.7 g
- Cholesterol 244.0 mg
- Sodium 1987.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 176.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 17.2 g