We eat alot of salmon and when I find interesting recipes I want to keep track of them. This was a recipe that I picked up at a grocery store and it is available at www.health.com.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt and pepper for the salmon.
- Rinse and towel dry the salmon fillets, rub with salt and pepper.
- In a large oven proof skillet, heat the 2 tablespoons of oil, add the salmon, place in oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Turn the fish over and bake an additional 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- For the red pepper sauté, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the onion; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the bell pepper; cook an additional 5 minutes; add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add wine; cook 5 minutes, sprinkle with salt if desired.
- Place the fish on individual serving plates; divide the red pepper mixture evenly among the servings and sprinkle with dried basil.