Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
We eat alot of salmon and when I find interesting recipes I want to keep track of them. This was a recipe that I picked up at a grocery store and it is available at www.health.com.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt and pepper for the salmon.
- Rinse and towel dry the salmon fillets, rub with salt and pepper.
- In a large oven proof skillet, heat the 2 tablespoons of oil, add the salmon, place in oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Turn the fish over and bake an additional 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- For the red pepper sauté, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the onion; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the bell pepper; cook an additional 5 minutes; add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add wine; cook 5 minutes, sprinkle with salt if desired.
- Place the fish on individual serving plates; divide the red pepper mixture evenly among the servings and sprinkle with dried basil.
Mmmmm! this was delicious, I liked the onion and red pepper together I think the flavours complemented each other nicely. I like that you could taste the salmon and and the other ingredients didn't over power it. I seared the skin in the skillet and then put it in the oven to Finnish off, I then did my onions and peppers with the wine and served with fresh basil, we also had white pudding with it, white pudding is just oatmeal mixed with onions and spices and served like a sausage and it went very nicely with the salmon. Thank you for posting.
Good salmon recipe. This was very easy to make too! Made for ZWT6.
This recipe was good. We liked it, though we found it to be a little bit plain. However, you can't beat how fast and easy it is to prepare, with ingredients that I typically have in the pantry. This was a very quick meal on what turned out to be a really late night. We made no modifications to the ingredients or the directions. Thanks!