Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light magazine, October 2011
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup roasted red pepper (from a jar)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 7 blanched almonds, whole
- 1 garlic clove
- Heat grill pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Coat pan with cooking spray. Arrange fish in pan; cook for 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- While the fish cooks, combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, bell peppers, and remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth. Serve pesto over fish.