Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe from "Everyday Italian". It's VERY simple and VERY flavorful considering it has so few ingredients. I love to entertain with this recipe because it's so quick and east to make. Once it's plated, it looks BEAUTIFUL!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut 4 pieces of puff pastry so that each is just larger than your salmon pieces.
- On a foil-lined baking sheet, place to four pieces of pastry and the four pieces of salmon.
- Be sure they are not touching.
- Sprinkle each piece of salmon with 1 Tablespoon to sliced almonds.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Remove pastry from oven and return salmon to oven for another 2-5 minutes or until cooked through.
- To serve, place a piece of puff pastry on a plate.
- Top with 1 tablespoon of pesto.
- Top pesto with 2 slices of tomato each.
- Top the tomatoes with the salmon and serve.
This is really delicious, fabulous looking, and so easy to make. It is sure to impress, and I will be making this one again. The only thing I added was salt and pepper on the fish and a tiny drizzle of red wine vinegar dressing on the tomatoes. Thanks for posting!