1/1 Photo of Salmon With Pomegranate and Orange Salsa
2 hrs 10 mins
This woman makes the most gorgeous food. Check her out! http://laylita.com/recipes/2009/01/05/salmon-with-pomegranate-and-orange-salsa/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Pan seared salmon
- 453.59-680.38 g salmon, cut into 4 fillets can also use halibut, tilapia, cod, red snapper, etc
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4.92 ml ground cayenne pepper
- 4.92 ml ground fennel
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 78.07 ml white wine
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground pepper
- 29.58-44.37 ml butter or 29.58-44.37 ml oil
- 236.59 ml pomegranate seeds, from 1/2 large pomegranate or 236.59 ml arils from 1/2 large pomegranate
- 3 oranges, peeled and cut into supreme style segments (all the skin or pith or membranes or seeds removed)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 29.58 ml cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded and membranes removed, finely diced replace with jalapenos for milder version
- 4.92 ml cumin seed
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1Mix the crushed garlic, cayenne pepper, fennel, lime juice, white wine, olive oil, salt and pepper together to prepare a marinade for the fish.
- 2Let the fish marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
- 3Meanwhile to prepare the pomegranate salsa, combine the pomegranate arils, orange supreme, any juice squeezed from the orange membranes, lime juice, diced onion, cilantro, serrano peppers, cumin seeds, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 4Mix the salsa well and let it rest refrigerated until ready to use.
- 5Heat the butter or oil over medium high heat in a large sauté pan, add the salmon fillets and cook until browned on each side and cooked, about 3-5 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- 6Serve immediately with the pomegranate salsa on top or on the side.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon With Pomegranate and Orange Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.5
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 67.4 mg
- Sodium 722.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 25.6 g