Recipe by ThatSouthernBelle
This woman makes the most gorgeous food. Check her out! http://laylita.com/recipes/2009/01/05/salmon-with-pomegranate-and-orange-salsa/
Top Review by IngridH
This is a very pretty dish, but I really wasn't blown away by it. The marinade doesn't leave a very strong flavor on the fish- I expected to taste the garlic, cayenne and fennel, but really didn't get a hint of anything but lime. I liked the salsa better, although I'd make sure that you are using a very ripe orange to get the best flavor. Also, I'd suggest bringing the salsa to room temp before serving- I put it on top of the fish which just cooled it too much. Thanks for sharing.
Pan seared salmon
- 453.59-680.38 g salmon, cut into 4 fillets can also use halibut, tilapia, cod, red snapper, etc
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4.92 ml ground cayenne pepper
- 4.92 ml ground fennel
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 78.07 ml white wine
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground pepper
- 29.58-44.37 ml butter or 29.58-44.37 ml oil
- 236.59 ml pomegranate seeds, from 1/2 large pomegranate or 236.59 ml arils from 1/2 large pomegranate
- 3 oranges, peeled and cut into supreme style segments (all the skin or pith or membranes or seeds removed)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 29.58 ml cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded and membranes removed, finely diced replace with jalapenos for milder version
- 4.92 ml cumin seed
- 29.58 ml olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the crushed garlic, cayenne pepper, fennel, lime juice, white wine, olive oil, salt and pepper together to prepare a marinade for the fish.
- Let the fish marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile to prepare the pomegranate salsa, combine the pomegranate arils, orange supreme, any juice squeezed from the orange membranes, lime juice, diced onion, cilantro, serrano peppers, cumin seeds, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix the salsa well and let it rest refrigerated until ready to use.
- Heat the butter or oil over medium high heat in a large sauté pan, add the salmon fillets and cook until browned on each side and cooked, about 3-5 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- Serve immediately with the pomegranate salsa on top or on the side.