1 hr 10 mins
Leslie in Texas's Note:
I found this recipe in the back of a May 2009 issue of Reader's Digest and made it for dinner last night and it was wonderful! The polenta and tomato sauce give the salmon a definite Mediterrean feel.I didn't have any Italian seasoning, so I substituted 1/2 t. of dried oregano instead.I served it with a side of steamed asparagus and a nice pinot grigio.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (28 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup polenta
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 salmon fillets (6 oz. each)
- 1In Dutch oven saute celery,onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 2Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, parsley, Italian seasoning,thyme,basil and pepper.
- 3Cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4In large heavy sauce pan bring water and salt to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat to a gentle boil and slowly whisk in polenta.
- 6Cook and stir with wooden spoon 15 to 20 minutes or until polenta is thickened and pulls away cleanly from sides of pan.
- 7Place flour in a large shallow bowl or plate; coat salmon on both sides.
- 8In large skillet lightly brown salmon in remaining 1 tablespoon of oil.
- 9Transfer salmon to tomato mixture and cook, uncovered about 5 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- 10Serve salmon and sauce over polenta.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon With Polenta
Serving Size: 1 (672 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.2
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 165.3 mg
- Sodium 916.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 67.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: