Recipe by Kate in Katoomba
This dish look s so pretty on the plate. Make the pesto salsa ahead, to cut down on the cooking time.
- 50 g white peppercorns
- 50 g black peppercorns
- 60 ml olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets
- 15 kipfler potatoes or 15 other small potatoes
- 50 g chopped parsley
- 40 ml olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- lemon juice
- 200 ml olive oil
- 10 g coriander seeds
- 10 roma tomatoes, skinned and diced
- 8 olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend peppercorns and olive oil to form a paste.
- Brush the salmon fillets with the paste, then place on baking paper.
- Cook the potatoes in salted water.
- Drain, peel, then crush with a fork.
- Add the olive oil and parsley and season to taste with salt, freshly ground pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Make the pesto salsa by warming the olive oil and the coriander seeds.
- Leave to infuse for a hour then add the tomato, olives and pesto.
- Cook the salmon quickly in a non-stick pan, then finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Place a serve of potato in the centre of the plate.
- Lay the salmon on top and spoon the salsa around.