Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
My attempt to emulate one of my favorite dishes from Buca di Beppo. You can also serve the sauce on noodles and place the salmon on top of it.
- 2 lbs salmon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup basil pesto
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Season salmon if you choose and either sear in a pan, then place in oven to cook until finished or grill. Keep warm if it finishes prior to the sauce.
- In the meantime, warm the olive oil in a saute pan until just warm and add pesto and heat on medium until it becomes more liquid.
- Add cream and half and half and bring to a gentle boil while whisking. Continue to cook over low heat stirring frequently until thickened.
- Add parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Serve salmon on a bed of the sauce.
Perfect meal for a work night! This has virtually no prep and comes together in a snap. Yet it is delicious and elegant to boot. Served with a side of pole beans, this dish is a weeknight winner! Made for Photo Tag Fall 2013.