Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe source: flyer
- 1 lb salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces (using both red and green is pretty)
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, snipped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces whole grain pasta (such as linguine or fettucine)
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup basil, snipped
- Rinse and pat dry salmon (thaw if frozen).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking dish combine bell peppers and tomatoes, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with half of the rosemary, the salt and pepper. Toss and then roast uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions.
- Remove pan from oven and stir wine and vinegar into vegetable mixture. Add salmon pieces to the pan, turning to coat.
- Return pan to oven and cook for another 10 minutes or until salmon is done.
- To serve, divide pasta among 4 plates and top with vegetable mixture and sprinkle with basil. Place salmon on top of vegetables and pasta and sprinkle with remaining rosemary.
Simple easy dish you can have on the table from woe to go in 40-45 minutes. I added some finely sliced carrot and 1/2 a medium zucchini (quartered and then chopped) and followed through for a scaled back for 4 though only 3 of us where eating but my slab of salmon (defrosted) was for four (salmon burgers may be on the menu for lunch). I used a red capsicum (bell pepper) because for some reason the DM will not eat green vegetables and will not eat green capsicum but will eat any other colour and with the zucchini she ate the flesh and left the skin (green). I also used penna pasta as I just had enough for 3 of us in the pantry rather than opening a packet of fettucini and it got the DM to eat a variety of vegetables other than just carrots so gets extra points from me any day. thank you elie_, made for Please Review My Recipe.