Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My husband and I had the most delicious parmesan crusted halibut at the Beach Cafe in Malibu, California. I decided to try to recreate the recipe using salmon instead of halibut. My husband and son claimed that it tasted quite good. So I decided to submit it here so that I wouldn't forget how to do it.
- 1 lb salmon fillet, cut into 1/4 lb. pieces
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 -2 clove garlic
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (I used fat free)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Spray 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray, such as Pam.
- Mix together garlic, onion, mayo, and lemon pepper in a food processor.
- Place, milk, mayo mixture, and cheese in 3 separate bowls.
- Dip each piece of salmon first in the milk, then in the mayo mix, and then the cheese.
- Place skin side down in baking dish.
- Sprinkle any remaining cheese over the fish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
I used halibut instead of salmon, and it was delicious! I think it would be great with about any kind of fish. What great flavor. I will definetly have this again. Thanks for the great recipe!
Wow, this is great. I had 2 small fillets and only used 1/3 cup mayo (lite) and only needed 1/4 cup milk, everything else I followed recipe. I loved the moist salmon and the flaours were wonderful..salmon cooked in 20 minutes. Delicious.