Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy, healthy, and DELICIOUS!! To prepare ahead, prepare marinade, pour over fresh fish in gallon-size Ziploc bag, and freeze. (Credit for this recipe goes to Leanne Ely of www.savingdinner.com.)
- 6 salmon fillets
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, grated
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- fresh asparagus (optional)
- brown rice (optional)
- fresh spinach (optional)
- In a gallon-size Ziploc bag, combine orange juice and next 4 ingredients and carefully add the fish.
- Zip up the bag and marinate in the refrigerator 20 minutes or so (just while you prepare the rest of the meal).
- Drain the fish, reserving the marinade.
- Place fish on a lightly greased broiler pan, and broil about 5" or more from the heat for about 8 to 13 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, or barbecue on the grill; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, bring the reserved marinade to a boil in a saucepan, and cook 3 minutes.
- Pour over fish and serve.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Steamed asparagus, brown rice, and a spinach salad.