Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Wonderful marinade for salmon. Try it on wood planks for a different, smoky tase
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate, frozen
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, grated
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, grated
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, crushed
- 4 salmon fillets
- Whisk together all marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Place salmon in a large zip lock plastic bag. Add marinade and seal. Turn bag several times to coat salmon with marinade.
- Marinade in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium setting.
- Remove salmon from marinade (reserve marinade) and place on grill. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes per side, until done. Do not overcook or salmon will be dry. (Salmon should be slightly pink in the centre).
- Baste salmon with reserved marinade during the last minute of cooking time, if desired.