Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
from Mireille Guillano, author of "French Women Don't Get Fat"
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless salmon fillets, about 4 ounces each
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients for the marinade and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer over medium heat until the marinade is reduced by half. Remove from the heat and set aside. Cut 8 large pieces of parchment paper (or aluminum foil) into squares large enough to cover each fish fillet and leave a 2-inch border all around. Lightly brush 4 squares with olive oil.
- Put each salmon fillet in the center of an oiled square and drizzle with the marinade. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the remaining squares on top of the fillets, and fold up the edges to form packets. Simply double folding each of the four sides is enough to seal each package. Put the papillotes on a baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Serve with brown rice.