Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Got this recipe from Italian Cooking And Living.
- 4 pieces boneless and skinless salmon (8 oz each)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup coarse grain mustard (with seeds)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper In a pan, cook the salmon in the olive oil until browned on each side, turning once.
- Place it in a preheated 350° oven on a baking sheet until fully cooked (about 8 to 10 minutes).
- In another pan, cook the shallots in the butter until lightly browned; add the Dijon mustard, coarse mustard, and honey, stirring frequently, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and cook over low heat until just boiling.
- Add the heavy cream, salt, and pepper, and simmer until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Spoon the sauce over salmon and serve.
Made this for a our church group last night to rave reviews. It's a keeper.
Easy and elegant tasting - company worthy!
This came out beautifully and was absolutely delicious. I added a hint of orange flavor with a bit of juice and zest, but it would be great without that, I'm sure. Really a fine recipe!