Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Easy and quick way to fix a lovely salmon dinner! Serve with rucola salad and potato wedges.
- 600 g salmon fillets
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 -2 tomatoes
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 125 g mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 225°C.
- Remove skin and bones from the salmon.
- Season with salt and pepper on both sides and cut into four pieces.
- Thinly slice tomato and mozzarelle cheese.
- Cut sun-dried tomatoes into strips.
- Heat butter in a non-stick coated frying pan and cook salmon pieces, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Place cooked salmon in an oven-proof dish.
- Layer tomato slices, sun-dried tomato strips and finally mozzarella slices over the salmon.
- Sprinkle some black pepper on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes, or until mozzarella has melted.
We found that the salmon missed something. Because a little bit of pesto brushed on the salmon would add flavors. Next time I'll diced the tomatoes and put it on top. We loved the cheese and sun-dried tomatoes. Thanks Stormylee :) Made for PAC spring 2011
A very easy recipe! Another great way to make salmon.
This is such a nice and yummy recipe. Very quick to prepare and the cooking time is just perfect so that the salmon is cooked but not dry. It has a mild taste and the tomato and mozzarella complement the salmon, rather than overpowering it. For the picture I added basil, but I wouldn't recommend eating it with this dish, since it is too overpowering and remains the dominant taste. I left the skin on to keep the salmon nicely shaped while frying. It's easier to transfer it from the pan to the plate too. Beside I love crispy salmon skin and those who don't can just leave it on the plate ;). It is kid friendly too. It looks very presentable, so it is a good dish to be served for company. We had it as recommanded with wedges, which I bought frozen and made in the oven just before I put the salmon in. Lovely recipe, thanks for sharing stormylee.