Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
This is quite an elegant entree, easy enough for any night, but could easily be served to guests. From Bon Appetit.
- 1⁄2 cup country-style dijon mustard
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 6 (8 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons packed golden brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk mustard, 3 TBS maple syrup, 3 1/2 TBS water, and horseradish in small bowl to blend.
- Arrange salmon on baking sheet.
- Whisk 1 1/2 TBS maple syrup, sugar and thyme in another small bowl to blend.
- Spread thyme mixture evenly over salmon.
- Bake until salmon is just opaque in center, about 14 minutes.
- Transfer salmon to plates.
- Spoon mustard-horseradish sauce over and serve.
- Serves 6.
Made this for the Bev a thon....and forgot to review it, sorry! I thought this was a very good and unique way to prepare salmon. My 5yo especially liked the sauce....Prep was done exactly as specified, but had to cook a little longer. This could just be my oven. Anyways, this is so different and so good!
I love salmon and love finding new ways to cook it. This was served for Christmas Eve dinner and everyone enjoyed it immensely! I did use dried thyme, bet it's even better with fresh! Thanks Bev!
Terrific! I made it exactly as written (well, except for the fact that I cut it back to serve two); I had to bake it at 425, and it still took at least 20 minutes. Flavor was wonderful, texture great. We'll have this again, for sure! Thanks for posting it.