Recipe by Mille®
I found this recipe in the seafood department of a local grocery store. It is wonderful.
Top Review by Joygi
I really liked the description and this had good reviews, but ....I made this recipe twice because I thought I really would like this, as the sauce had a nice flavor, but I really do not think it was made for salmon! Perhaps a good salad dressing or veggie sauce, I'm not sure, but if you like the taste of salmon and are used to it being savory, I definitely reccomend not using this recipe. Sorry to be so harsh, but I used $35.00 of fish on this...by the way, 4 stars is my lowest rating previous to this, so I really do try to be kind!
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb salmon steaks or 1 lb salmon fillet
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, mix maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, orange juice, and garlic together.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes or until mixture is reduced.
- Remove from heat and stir in oil.
- Marinate salmon for 10 minutes, and then remove from marinade.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the salmon.
- Liberally brush salmon with the marinade.
- Broil (or grill over medium coals) 4 to 5 inches from heat for 12 minutes per inch of thickness.
- For fillets – baste again with marinade half way through cooking time.
- For steaks – turn half way through cooking time and baste with marinade.
- Dim the dining room lights and light the candles on the dinner table.
- Serve with small boiled whole new potatoes, steamed asparagus, and a bottle of your favourite white wine.