This is an incredibly simple recipe that tastes delicious. Accompany with rice for a quick and healthy main course. Easily adjustable for however many people you have)
- 12 -16 ounces salmon fillets (6-8 oz per person, thin filets are better because they will cook more evenly)
- 2⁄3-1 cup mango juice (1/3 - 1/2 cup per person, either puree your own from fresh mangoes or Goya mango juice will do just)
- scallion, chopped (for garnish, approximately a small handful per fillet)
- olive oil (small amount for cooking)
- The skin will stick to the pan, so if it comes off easily, trim the skin off the salmon filets before cooking.
- Otherwise, just wait for it to come off during the cooking process.
- Heat enough oil to coat the pan, and then add the salmon fillets.
- Pour approximately 1/3 the mango juice over the filets, then after a few minutes (3-5 depending on how thick the fillet is), flip over and add another 1/3 of the mango juice to the pan.
- Cook the fillet until no longer pink, then remove from the pan.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve with rice.