1 hr 10 mins
I got this from the Food Network Magazine. The Lentils are amazing. I will make them as a side dish. The flavors are great. My kids liked this, too!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 leeks, white and light-green parts only, halved lengthwise and chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 1/4 cups lentils
- 1 bunch swiss chard
- 18 ounces center-cut skinless salmon fillets
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add the leeks and carrots and cook until tender, 5 minutes.
- 3Add the garlic and tomato paste and cook 1 minute.
- 4Increase the heat to high; add 4 cups water, the cinnamon stick and lentils. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-high, cover and simmer until tender, 20 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, remove the Swiss chard stems; reserve 3 leaves and chop the rest.
- 6Place the whole leaves over the lentils, cover and wilt, 1 minute. Remove the chard and cover the lentils.
- 7Season the salmon with salt and pepper and wrap a wilted chard leaf around each fillet.
- 8Stir the honey and lemon juice into the remaining lentils and season with salt and pepper.
- 9Stir in the chopped chard.
- 10Place the wrapped salmon on top of the lentils, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 11Cover and cook over medium-high heat until the fish is just cooked through, 6 minutes.
- 12Remove the salmon and cut into pieces. (If the lentils are dry, add a splash of water.)
- 13Divide lentils among bowls and top with salmon.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon With Lentils
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.5
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 58.0 mg
- Sodium 363.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 34.5 g