Japanese Delight's Note:
This is a Ina Garten recipe that looked delicious and healthy! I haven't tried it but I sure plan to!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb french green lentil
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus extra for salmon
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 2 cups chopped leeks, white and light green parts only
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery (4 stalks)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots (3 carrots)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons good red wine vinegar
- 4 (8 ounce) center-cut salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1Place the lentils in a heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 15 minutes, then drain.
- 2Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saute pan, add the onions, leeks, thyme, salt, and pepper and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, until the onions are translucent.
- 3Add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- 4Add the drained lentils, celery, carrots, chicken stock, and tomato paste. Cover and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes, until the lentils are tender.
- 5Add the vinegar and season, to taste.
- 6Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- 7For the salmon, heat a dry oven-proof saute pan over high heat for 4 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile, rub both sides of the salmon fillets with olive oil and season the tops very liberally with salt and pepper.
- 9When the pan is very hot, place the salmon fillets seasoning-sides down in the pan and cook over medium heat without moving them for 2 minutes, until very browned.
- 10Turn the fillets and place the pan in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes, until the salmon is cooked rare.
- 11Spoon a mound of lentils on each plate and place a salmon fillet on top.
- 12Serve hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon With Lentils
Serving Size: 1 (615 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 700.4
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 119.3 mg
- Sodium 1288.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.0 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 63.8 g