Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
this is so easy, under 30 minutes, and no clean-up, courtesy of giada de laurentis. try it with grilled vegetables and fingerling potatoes.
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary leaf
- 8 lemon slices (about 2 lemons)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine (or white wine)
- 4 teaspoons capers
- 4 pieces aluminum foil
- Brush top and bottom of salmon fillets with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Place each piece of seasoned salmon on a piece of foil large enough to fold over and seal.
- Top the each piece of salmon with 2 lemon slices, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of wine, and 1 teaspoon of capers. Wrap up salmon tightly in the foil packets.
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
- Place the foil packets on the hot grill and cook for 10 minutes for a 1-inch thick piece of salmon. Serve in the foil packets.
YUM! We used fresh rosemary and a dry white wine. I think I would try using the marsala next time. This was amazingly fast and easy to make on a weeknight. Thanks!
every time i have made this, it has been wonderful! and like the other reviews say, it's very hard to mess up and requires very little measuring. i usually make it in the oven, and the foil holds in the juices perfectly. so tasty with some asparagus risotto or some easy wild rice. i would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a quick, fresh, and easy salmon recipe. yum!
I make this when I am short on time or just craving salmon. My boyfriend loves it! I usually skip the rosemary and I put i on my George Foreman grill.