2 hrs 30 mins
Grilled or broiled, this rich dish usually gets served at our house when company comes. I make a double batch of sauce and use it the next day on poached eggs over English muffins. Mmmmm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaf
- 2 large shallots, peeled (1 1/2 ounces total)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fish stock (or 2 T each water and clam juice)
- 1/4 cup half & half light cream (or whipping cream)
- 1 anchovy fillet (or 1/2 tsp anchovy paste)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, drained,divided
- cayenne pepper
- 1Fish: Mince parsley, basil and shallots in a food processor or by hand; place in plastic bag with oils and salmon; seal and turn to coat salmon completely; refrigerate 2 hours or overnight; turn occasionally.
- 2Sauce: Simmer lemon juice, wine and stock until reduced to 2 T, about 12 minutes; add half and half and boil until reduced to 1/4 cup, 2-3 minutes.
- 3Puree the reduction, anchovy and mustard in a blender or mini-processor and pour back into saucepan.
- 4Whisk the butter in, over low heat, 1 T at a time, letting each piece melt before adding the next; set aside and add 1 T capers, salt and cayenne.
- 5Keep warm.
- 6Finish: Gently pat marinade off salmon with paper towels; put on aluminum foil if grilling or on broiler pan, skin side down; grill or broil until opaque, 8 minutes depending on fillet thickness.
- 7Plate and spoon 2 T sauce over each fillet and garnish with remaining capers.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon with Lemon Caper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 699.9
- Calories from Fat 404
- Total Fat 44.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 202.4 mg
- Sodium 394.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 65.2 g