Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is fool proof for cooking salmon filets easily and quickly without mess or smell and the lemons sandwich the filets creating a steamed effect as it cooks keeping it moist, preventing it from burning and helps the olive oil and dill penetrate the filet perfetcly. You can do it on the grill or in the oven. Every time I prepared this it has come our perfect.
- 1 salmon fillet
- 2 -3 large lemons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- aluminum foil
- Unroll enough aluminum foil to wrap the filets completely.
- Cut lemons into 1/4 round slices and spread onto foil so the filet lays on top of the round slices.
- Clean salmon by rinsing with fresh water.
- With skin side down, lay filet onto lemon slices.
- Evenly coat the non-skin side of the filet with olive oil.
- Gently rub the dill onto the filet (add to taste).
- Place another layer of lemon slices on top of the filet.
- Wrap the filet and close, do not wrap it tight--keep a little room so the steam can circulate inside.
- Preheat grill or oven to 400°F.
- Place filet on grill or middle oven rack.
- Cook each side about 15 minutes based on 1-inch thickness.
- Check periodically for completeness.
Wonderfully delicious, light, and indeed fool-proof! I've tried both grill and oven and both works great. Just need to remind myself to cut the lemon slices thick enough next time so they don't turn out burnt. Great recipe!