Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from Weber's Real Grilling. The original recipe calls for a huge fillet salmon on a full cedar plank, but I've done this recipe for individual salmon fillets on smaller planks. It's a much nicer way to serve them, and easier to do for a smaller group. The proportions here are for the whole large salmon, but I find that about half is enough for 3-4 smaller fillets.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large salmon fillet, with skin 2 1/2 - 3 pounds (or equivalent of indiivdual size salmon fillets)
- salt and pepper
- cedar plank
- Soak cedar planks in water for at least 1 hour.
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a blender and process until ssmooth.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Place planks on grill and let heat for a few minutes, being careful not to char them too much. Place salmon skin side down and baste with dressing. Cook for 20-25 minutes, basting periodically with the remaining sauce.