Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets (about 1-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked long grain and wild rice blend
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Prepare the fish: place fillets, skin sides down, in a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with wine, salt, and pepper; top with shallots.
- Cover with foil; bake for 30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Prepare sauce: combine mayonnaise and broth in a small skillet, stirring well with a whisk.
- Cook over medium-low heat until well heated (about 2 minutes).
- Remove from heat, stir in chives, parsley, mustard, juice, and pepper.
- Serve fillets and sauce over rice.
I hate salmon! I ended up with somebody else's salmon in my bag when I got home. So... did a quick search for salmon and mustard. This popped up and was it great!!!! My wife has emplored me to record this and do it again. I actually loved it too (not believable!). I WILL do this again! BTW, I served it over a bed greens with chopped scallions scattered over all.