Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe is in the October 2004 issue of Prevention Magazine. I love salmon and ginger.
Top Review by Peter J
Amazing blend of flavours! Only change I made is I enjoy the skin so rather than removing pre-heated the pan and gave the skin a light coating of oil before seasoning so it was nice and cripsy. Much enjoyed along with a light salad.
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, about 1 inch thick,skined
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray the rack of broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sugar, mustard and ginger.
- Lightly season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper.
- Place on broiler rack and brush glaze on top.
- Broil, 6 to 8 inches from heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish is lightly browned and opaque.
- Serve with a salad of baby spinach.