Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 mins
I got this out of Rodale's Natural Food Cookbook. It was extremely delicious.
Make and share this Salmon With Garlic Basil Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs salmon fillets, about 1/2-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup spinach (cooked, chopped)
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup romano cheese (grated, Parmesan can work too.)
- 2 tablespoons water or 2 tablespoons vegetable stock
- For Sauce: Place olive oil, spinach, basil, garlic, cheese, stock or water, and pepper in a food processor.
- Process or blend until pureed, about 15 seconds.
- Heat puree in a medium-sized saucepan. Keep warm.
- Moving on to the Salmon: Combine butter and lemon juice.
- Brush salmon on both sides with lemon - butter mixture.
- Broil about 3 minutes. Note: The secret is to cook the fish at the highest temperature for the first few minutes, then turn it down low for the remainder of the time. This seals in the moisture.
- Place on plate, pour sauce over top and enjoy the deliciousness.
The taste was so-so, but this dish was visually sickening. Sorry :( The sauce is nuclear green and resembles basil that has been kept too long in the refrigerator and has turned to slime. I couldn't put it in my mouth after the first bite because I just couldn't get past the visual.