Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
We love salmon prepared this way. It is very easy to make and the taste is out of this world. Very impressive presentation which makes it a winner in our household.
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, well washed
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (used light mayo)
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream (I used light sour cream)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 salmon steaks, 3/4-inch thick (6 ounces each)
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil over high heat.
- Plunge spinach leaves in boiling water just until wilted, about 10 sec.
- Rinse under cold running water, drain well.
- Transfer greens to a blender or food processor.
- Add the mayo, sour cream, lemon juice and 1/4 ts salt; blend or process until smooth.
- Chill for 30 minutes or up to 12 hours.
- Preheat broiler.
- Sprinkle salmon steaks with the remaining salt.
- Place on broiler pan. Broil 6" from heat, turning once, until just cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer to steak serving plates, spoon sauce over tops.