Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I haven't made this, but thought it sounded yummy enough to be included here at Zaar. It's a Paula Deen recipe.
- 907.18 g salmon fillets
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 medium orange, sectioned and seeded
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 small green bell pepper, julienned
- 473.19 ml strawberry, sliced
- 118.29 ml water
- 118.29 ml liquid honey
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh chervil (or fresh dill if you can't find chervil)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F; line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place salmon fillet on foil-lined pan and season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cover fish with orange sections and sliced onions; scatter pepper slices around the salmon.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sliced strawberries, water, honey, chervil, garlic and chives; pour mixture evenly over the fish.
- Cover baking sheet tightly with a piece of foil and make a couple of small piercings to let a bit of the steam escape.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
This sounded really good and we had high hopes for it. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to our expectations. We thought the salmon a bit bland as it didn't take on any flavor of the fruit, veggies or sauce. The peppers also had no flavor. Maybe if the fruit and/or peppers were made into a chutney or salsa and poured over after cooking it might be better. Sorry, this just didn't work for us.