Recipe by Lennie
I haven't made this, but thought it sounded yummy enough to be included here at Zaar. It's a Paula Deen recipe.
Top Review by Ducky
This sounded really good and we had high hopes for it. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to our expectations. We thought the salmon a bit bland as it didn't take on any flavor of the fruit, veggies or sauce. The peppers also had no flavor. Maybe if the fruit and/or peppers were made into a chutney or salsa and poured over after cooking it might be better. Sorry, this just didn't work for us.
- 2 lbs salmon fillets
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 medium orange, sectioned and seeded
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 small green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup liquid honey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh chervil (or fresh dill if you can't find chervil)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F; line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place salmon fillet on foil-lined pan and season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cover fish with orange sections and sliced onions; scatter pepper slices around the salmon.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sliced strawberries, water, honey, chervil, garlic and chives; pour mixture evenly over the fish.
- Cover baking sheet tightly with a piece of foil and make a couple of small piercings to let a bit of the steam escape.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.