Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I don't remember where I learned to make this, but I'm sure I must have changed the recipe somewhat. This is my favorite way to fix salmon. The salmon can be prepared in any way. Grilling it is also wonderful! The preparation time includes the time to chill the salsa.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 small jalapeno peppers, finely minced
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce (I like Cholula)
- 3⁄4 lb salmon fillet
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- For salsa, in a medium bowl, combine pineapple, pepper, onion, 3 T lime juice, cilantro, honey, jalapenos, garlic salt, and hot sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on a piece of foil, sprinkle with lime juice, garlic salt, and cumin, then put the foil on a rimmed cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon.
- Remove salmon from the skin (This is easy - the skin just sticks to the foil!) and serve topped with salsa.
This is a fantastic recipe! I doubled the recipe and used 1 can of pinapple rings sliced in chunks and about 1 1/2 cups of nectarine. I also used a hot pepper from the garden. I'm bad at measuring so I just kind of threw everything in until it looked right. I didn't have lime juice so I just skipped it. I used this salsa over premade wild caught salmon burgers and served them open face with a drizzle of Tastefully Simple honey teriyaki. Fantastic! My husband said I could make this every week.
Delicious salmon and the salsa is wonderful and adds wonderful flavour to the salmon. I had to use parsley, I had no cilantro, but we loved it anyway. the salsa has just the right amount of heat. Thanks for posting, I will make it again.
I made this with fresh pineapple and it was delicious! I used Mahi Mahi instead of Salmon (which I personally think it pairs far better with) but either way this is a great quick dinner idea.