Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From my daily diabetic recipe email and "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals".
- 453.59 g salmon fillet, cut into 4 portions
- 2.46 ml no-salt chili powder
- 236.59 ml diced fresh pineapple
- 236.59 ml diced fresh cantaloupe
- 118.29 ml diced red bell pepper
- 59.14 ml seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x9-inch baking pan with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place salmon fillets in the pan in a single layer and sprinkle with chili powder.
- Spray fillets lightly with cooking spray and bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes or the thickest part of fillet is translucent.
- Meanwhile, mix pineapple, cantaloupe, red bell pepper, vinegar, cilantro, and red pepper flakes together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Top each fillet with 1/2 cup salsa and serve.
Delicious Summer recipe! Loved the sweet and tartness of the ingredients of the salsa combined with the salmon. I omitted the red pepper flakes and cilantro and replaced it with chives from my garden! Thanks for posting this! Made for the Diabetic Forum's Tail Gate Party.