Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An original recipe I came up with that turned out well. At first I thought the sauce was a little bit thin but it turned out to make a nice dipping sauce for the salmon and salad.
- 500 g salmon steaks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 leek, very finely chopped, white section only
- 3 tablespoons cognac
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 sprigs parsley
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, fennel seeds and leek and gently saute for around 5 minutes.
- Add yoghurt and lemon juice, mix well, and return to heat.
- Reduce temperature a little and cook around 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Allow to boil gently.
- Remove from heat, add the cognac, season with pepper, stir well and place in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Cook Salmon on a BBQ or grill. I used a medium BBQ plate for around seven minutes a side.
- Once the fish is cooked plate up, stir the sauce and pour over the salmon.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve with fresh salad and/or light vegetables.
Very good. Cooked on an indoor grill pan. Served with wild rice and a salad. Sauce was a touch thin but went nicely with the rice.