1/4 Photos of Salmon With Curried Vanilla Rum-Butter Sauce
I must say that the sauce is the star here and please don't feel limited to using it only with salmon. I've used it successfully with grilled shrimp and a roast chicken too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1/4 cup amber colored rum
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 1 tablespoon thai green curry paste (or more for more spiciness*)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup cold butter, unsalted
- 6 (4 -6 ounce) salmon fillets, skin removed
- salt and pepper
- 1Prepare salmon fillets and grill, bake or poach the salmon fillets until just done while making the sauce. Keep warm until sauce is complete.
- 2SAUCE:Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion, garlic and ginger until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add vanilla bean, wine, rum and curry paste. Bring to a boil and reduce by half. Add cream, return to a boil, and reduce by half again.
- 3Remove sauce from heat and whisk in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time. Pass sauce through a fine strainer. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Puddle a small amount of sauce on each plate. Place the salmon fillets on sauce, and then pour sauce over tops of fillets. Garnish with chopped chives or parsley and lemon slices.
- 5* Can be found in Asian specialty stores.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon With Curried Vanilla Rum-Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.5
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 85.5 mg
- Sodium 159.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 23.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green curry paste