Recipe by SJG3483
This can be a very light sauce if you use reduced or no fat yogurt. Serve it this spring.
Top Review by SolightlyUK
I followed this recipe to the absolute letter but found the cucumber sauce to be too bitter for my taste. It was also quite thin -- maybe my cucumber was more watery -- I live in the UK so maybe Brit cukes are not appropriate for this. It was edible, but I won't make it again. Darn.
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon steaks, rinsed and patted dry
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon leaf, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced capers
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Place salmon on broiler pan rack with nonstick spray.
- Brush with 1 T oil and broil 6 inches from heat for 2 minutes.
- Turn salmon, brush with another T of oil.
- Broil 5-7 more minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, combine lemon juice, tarragon, capers, pepper, and cucumber in a food processor until chunky, slowly adding in remaining oil.
- Stir mixture into yogurt and serve with salmon.