Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Untried. A nice cool salad for hot summer days. Time does not include cooking and cooling rice.
- 1 cup long grain rice, cooked and cooled
- 213 g canned pink salmon, drained
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, diced- not pared
- 1⁄2 cup radish, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup arugula leaf, washed
- SALAD: In bowl toss rice, salmon, cucumber and radishes together gently.
- DRESSING: In another bowl whisk vinegar, lemon juice, dill, oil, honey, salt and pepper together.
- Line bottom of serving platter with arugula leaves; mound salad in center and drizzle dressing over the top.
This is definately different. I liked it, but did not love it. It's not something I would crave, but it was a good idea for a light lunch. My bf liked it tho. I did have to make a few mods: lime juice, dried dill, olive oil, no radish, and rice vinegar. Maybe these mods are keeping it from it's full potential.