Recipe by Queen uh Cuisine
This dish can be prepared with chicken breasts instead of salmon. Cooking times may vary depending upon the size of the meat.
Top Review by ranch-girl
DH and I absolutely loved the salmon. The rosemary, pepper and orange zest make a fabulous top crust!! The noodle part of the dish was quite nice too, but more four-starish I'd say. But I had to make that part with veggie broth instead of chicken so my vegetarian daughter could eat it too. I used low fat sour cream. Thanks for posting, I'll be making this often!
- 1 (8 ounce) packageextra wide egg noodles
- 1 large orange, zest of
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, freshly chopped
- 4 salmon fillets, with skin aprox 1-inch thick (8 oz. each) or 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 oz.)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch scallion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Pre-heat broiler.
- Combine zest, salt, pepper and rosemary in a plastic bag, add salmon and press mixture into the salmon to coat.
- Line broiling pan with foil and mist with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place salmon on foil, skin side down.
- Rub salmon fillets with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Broil or grill about 8 minutes or until done.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil, saute scallions and add chicken stock and bring to a boil, then reduce the liquid by half.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons of water and wisk into the sauce.
- Lower heat and wisk in sour cream and add salmon.
- Do not boil.
- Gently toss drained noodles and spinach together to wilt the spinach.
- Pour sauce over noodles and serve.