Recipe by BarefootandpregnantintheKitchen
This is our favorite thing to make when we have guests for dinner on a weeknight.
Top Review by Heydarl
Wow, this was magnificent (5 stars aren't enough). DH cooked the salmon on the barbeque hotplate, while I made a double batch of the sauce, using Chipotle Caesar Dressing instead of mayonnaise for an extra zing. Served with a garden salad and used the extra sauce as a nice, thick salad dressing. Can't wait to have this one again soon. Thanks for sharing this winner.
- 6 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, about 1-inch thick
- 1⁄2 large avocado, peeled, pitted, and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place salmon fillets, skin side down, on foil-lined baking sheet. Coat fish with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat broiler. Cook salmon 10 to 12 minutes or until fish is opaque.
- While fish is cooking, combine avocado, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, hot-pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Process, scraping down bowl occasionally, until mixture is creamy and smooth. Serve a dollop of sauce next to each salmon fillet.