Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a simple, quick and delicious somewhat fancy dinner, suitable for company. I confess to using off-the-shelf products to make preparation easier.
- Portion the salmon, cutting off any very thin ends of the filet.
- Slash the salmon along the long axis down to but not through the skin.
- Cook the rice in the microwave per directions (60 sec.).
- Mix the rice, crabmeat, mayonnaise, parsley and chives.
- Place the salmon on a sheet pan on Silpat or parchment paper.
- Spread open the slash in the center of the salmon and press in the rice and crabmeat mixture, mounding it up above the fish fillet.
- Mix the corn syrup and lemon juice and lightly brush the exposed salmon flesh with the mixture.
- Sprinkle paprika over the stuffing in the center and dill over the salmon.
- Bake in a hot oven (400 degrees. F.) for about 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Serve with steamed asparagus--YUM!
Delicious and sure easy to make in terms of throwing together the ingredients - I just didn't manage the slit-open-and-stuffing thing, maybe because my salmon filet was quite insufficient for that. So I just piled the stuffing on top along the middle and brushed the sides with lemon-honey mix (I used honey in place of the corn syrup). Yum really says it all :)<br/>Thanks for sharing!<br/>Made for PAC Spring 2014
What a great new way me to serve salmon! We both were wonderfully satisfied with the crab & rice stuffing combo & I'll certainly be making this one again! Followed your recipe down to & including the steamed asparagus! Very, very nice! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current round of Pick A Chef]