Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this online some where about a year ago. We love it. I usually just do two salmon filets and halve the sauce since I cook for just two of us. But if you do the whole sauce recipe and have leftovers it is great on toast for lunch the next day. I used skim milk. Elegant enough for a dinner party
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 4 1⁄2 ounces crab, canned, do not drain
- Cut salmon into four portions and season with 1 teaspoon f the lemon pepper.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low-medium heat, wisk in flour and cook until bubbly for 1 minute.
- Slowly wisk in milk and remaining lemon pepper and continue stirring until thick, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Add lemon juice and zest , green onion and the crab and any liquid from th can.
- Keep warm over a very low heat.
- Broil or pan fry seasoned salmon about 3-5 minutes per side until salmon just flakes when press with a fork.
- Plate salmon and pour crab sauce over each filet.
For us, it was too lemony. Next time, I'll use less lemon zest and juice. But the sauce goes very well with the salmon. Thanks Wicked Cook :) Made for Gimme 5 tag game
Wow! This is delicious. I cut the recipe down to serve 2 and used lowfat half and half for the milk. This made so much yummy sauce that I had plenty to serve over fettuccine. I pan fried my salmon by using cooking spray. This really is elegant enough to serve to company. Thanks for posting. :)
Outstanding salmon recipe! The sauce is superb. It's smooth, creamy and rich- great flavor, too. I loved this so much and will be making it often. I baked my salmon and sprinkled it with a little Emeril's essence along with the lemon-pepper. I was afraid to use full teaspoons of lemon-pepper because it sounded like a lot so I used 1/2 teaspoons both times. Other than that, I made this exactly as written. I am so happy I chose this one- it's a KEEPER! Thanks for sharing your delicious recipe, wicked!