Recipe by wicked cook 46
Found this online some where about a year ago. We love it. I usually just do two salmon filets and halve the sauce since I cook for just two of us. But if you do the whole sauce recipe and have leftovers it is great on toast for lunch the next day. I used skim milk. Elegant enough for a dinner party
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 4 1⁄2 ounces crab, canned, do not drain
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut salmon into four portions and season with 1 teaspoon f the lemon pepper.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low-medium heat, wisk in flour and cook until bubbly for 1 minute.
- Slowly wisk in milk and remaining lemon pepper and continue stirring until thick, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Add lemon juice and zest , green onion and the crab and any liquid from th can.
- Keep warm over a very low heat.
- Broil or pan fry seasoned salmon about 3-5 minutes per side until salmon just flakes when press with a fork.
- Plate salmon and pour crab sauce over each filet.